Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Why I work at FAMM

My name is Leigh Bailey and I’m the Development Director here at FAMM. I’m in charge of making sure that we get the money we need to do our work. It can be hard to stay inspired to ask people and organizations for money day after day, especially in these tough economic times. Yesterday we even asked the 20,000 federal prisoners who we regularly update on laws and policies that affect them for money!

As soon as our request went out to the prisoners, we started getting messages back – so many wonderful messages – and these are why I work at FAMM. Because the people that we serve are telling us first-hand what FAMM’s work means to them and that they, many of whom have very little, will make a donation to support our work.

Here are just three of these amazing messages:

I want to thank you for all that you have done and yet to do I make 5 buck a month in here and they pay me on the tenth of every month this month I will be sending you that 5 bucks because I feel you deserve it your drive is amazing and I love you from the bottom of my soul it’s through you that I keep my faith and its through you that I will return home to my family and loved one thank you again and I know it’s not much but I will send it on the tenth .......:)

Julie count on a donation on my behalf. It won’t be much but I will try to do what I can. I thank u for all your effort and fight. There are many men and women in the prison system that do not have anybody to fight for them. So I thank you. Keep up the good work and God bless you.

Thank you so much, you are so right, we as prisoners can afford one dollar to fund the fight for our freedom. On dollar a month would be 20k per month and one less honey bun or two less sodas for us prisoners, we can make this sacrifice. Share that with the subscribers. Freedom comes at a cost and it is time we shoulder our part of this cost. God bless your efforts
And I wouldn’t be doing my job if I didn’t ask you to help FAMM continue our work. Please make a donation today. You can click here to donate on-line or send checks by snail mail to:

FAMM
1612 K Street NW – Suite 700
Washington, DC 20009

For the rest of this month, all donations we receive will be matched 1:1 by one of our donors, so please give as generously as you can.

Thank you!
Leigh

0 Comments: